FarnellNews.com is a student-created news website. It features news from the school, sports, the community, and the nation. The students are eclectic in their interests and this site showcases their talent, creativity, and strong writing abilities.
Note: I have been on leave from this teaching position since November 2020 and have not been able to guide its production since.
- Established website domain and setup Wordpress site.
- Advised students through startup process...
- Audience-voted name
- Theme choice
- And more!
- Trained students on how to write feature and hard news stories.
- Taught students how to publish on WordPress and to edit video with WeVideo.
- Managed editorial calendar.
- Tracked over 100 students' progress through the stages of writing and production.
Favorite Aspect of Project
I loved empowering teens. To see their ownership over the process, from brainstorming to publication, inspired me! It also grew my leadership capacity to oversee a group of writers.